4/20/2010

Where I Was At: January 1980 / Specials Press Conference

The Specials, NYC 1980

The Specials are in New York City this week for two highly anticipated shows at Terminal 5, so I thought I'd dig into the archives and pull out some pix from their Press conference at Hurrah's on January 25, 1980.
It was a mid afternoon affair, primitive by today's PR standards, that's for sure. I was in the midst of my Garry Winogrand "Public Relations" obsession - that was his show at MOMA of pictures at various press conferences. So I relished shooting this press conference with my flash. Jerry Damners  - who is in fact not on this current tour - is seen here alongside  the most excellent frontman Terry Hall, making for a "once upon a time" quality to these 30 year old photos - eeek. 





The Specials, NYC Press conference - January 25, 1980
photos © GODLIS

No comments:

Post a Comment